Not too much has been going on. I stay in bed a lot lately, so I don't have a whole lot of news. Did I mention that when I took the girls to the dentist a few weeks ago that neither of them had any cavities? Their next appointment is in December and Johnny will be 1 year old by then, so he has an appointment too! Since then I have seen my primary care Doctor. She referred me to a Pulmonary Specialist for my sleep-apnea. He prescribed an inhaler of Albuterol for me and is referring me for a sleep study, a chest x-ray, and something else (but I forgot what it was). I saw my Endocrinologist a few days ago. She prescribed me a few refills of medications I ran out of and I have an appointment to see her again next month. I weighed 274.5 lbs. at the appointment. That makes about 27 lbs. total? Nearing a loss of 30 lbs. since my surgery! In August I have an appointment to initiate a new Endocrinologist. Hopefully someone that will follow me closer than my current Endo. Personally, I like her a lot. Professionally though I just don't think she's doing all the things that should be done. Oh and I'm back on steroids temporarily. In July I have my sleep study scheduled to diagnose sleep-apnea. After that I go back to the Pulmonary guy again (I remember now, the other thing they are going to do is a breathing test).
My best-friend from way-back-when, Julie, is coming out to Las Vegas from New York in 1 week! I am so excited to get to see her again! She came to see me when I was in the hospital while I was pregnant with Johnny, but we didn't get to hang out. This time we will get to do something together, hopefully without the kids too. She has a son who is 13 or 14 I think and a daughter that is the same age as Big S.
We sent John's daughter, Brittany, in St. Charles a birthday present for her b-day that is 6-18. I think she turned 10 this year. We picked out a very highly rated book that I plan to buy for the girls in a few more years too. It's called "The Care and Keeping of You". It is so popular because it covers everything about a girl's puberty without touching on the subject of sex! Parents have rated it 5 star on amazon out of over 200 written reviews. You can't beat that! John and I previewed some of the pages in the book on Amazon.com and we were very pleased with it.
I still have never met Brittany in person, but I've spoke with her briefly on the phone on occasions. Same thing for me with her mother, Laurie.
QOTD: "The more you stomp in shit, the more it stinks."
~I last heard Billy Ray Cyrus say it, I don't know who originally said it.
Gorgeous Gift Tags IG Hop - September 26
-
Hello and welcome back to my blog lovely friends. It's time for the
Gorgeous Gift Tags IG Hop, which takes place on the 5th of each month. You
always have ...
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment