Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Surprise Party for Me?!

I was told tonight's party at Grandma Maw's was a going away party for Daddy. It turns out my husband had planned a surprise early 29th birthday party for me because he will be out of town on my birthday. I got a gift card, some cash, and nice earrings, but most of all I had a good time! Grandma Maw made some b**chin' spaghetti with meatballs, a delicious salad and some garlic bread. Grandma Zee & Grandpa Ron baked a chocolate cake. We all sat around and talked about life and the sorts. The girls played with the Wiffle ball and bat and had a fabulous time as Grandpa Mike helped a little and Grandma Maw, Grandpa Ron, and Daddy joined in the fun! Grandpa Mike got the taste of being "Grandpa" Mike. It finally hit him, ha ha. Wait until he realizes it's actually "Great Grandpa Mike". Brutis (Grandpa Mike's chihuahua) played with the kids a little bit, but still hasn't let anyone but Grandpa Mike hold him. Too bad, he is so cute! Grandpa Ron also brought his extra propane tank, so we will have to see if it's a fit for our grill. We have a gas grill and no tank, so hopefully it's a match!

No comments: